INTRODUCTION TO FLY FISHING
A four-part series of classes teaching attendees Fly Fishing Essentials - OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Wednesday, May 8th - 6pm to 8:30pm
1. Essential equipment and how to select it - rod, reel, line, leader, fly boxes (NO EQUIPMENT REQUIRED)
2. Other equipment, tools of the trade - waders, wading staff, vest, net, creel, nail clippers, extra rod spools, tippet spools, etc (NO EQUIPMENT REQUIRED)
Wednesday, May 15th - 6pm to 8:30pm
1. Essential knots - nail knot, perfection loop knot, barrel (or blood knot) knot, improved clinch knot
2. Other useful knots - Albright knot, whipped loop, surgeon's knot, non-slip loop knot, trilene knot
Sunday, May 19th - 1pm to 3:30pm
"Casting with the Fly Rod"
1. Basic casts - overhead cast and roll cast
2. Other useful casts - side cast, change of direction cast, stack cast
Wednesday, May 22nd - 6pm to 8:30pm
Classes start on Wednesday May 8th with instruction by Bruce Coyle and Jay Davis.
For more information, please contact Jim Coyle at 717-586-4751